OSN extends partnership with NBCUniversal
Dubai, November 12, 2013
OSN, a leading pay-TV network, has extended its partnership with NBCUniversal (NBCU), with the signing of new multi-year licensing deals for exclusive rights in the Mena region.
The deals give OSN access to NBCU’s premium content, including the latest blockbusters, popular series, news and talk shows, said a statement.
OSN subscribers will be among the first in the region to enjoy Universal films such as ‘Les Misérables’; the animated sequel ‘Despicable Me 2’; the blockbuster hit ‘Fast & Furious 6’; ‘Oblivion,’ the sci-fi thriller starring Tom Cruise; and ‘47 Ronin,’ the upcoming action-adventure fantasy film shot in 3D and starring Keanu Reeves.
The content covered by the new agreements will be available through OSN’s eight movie channels, three series channels and through its ‘On Demand’ service in HD. OSN subscribers with 3D compatible equipment will also have access to select titles in 3D.
E! Entertainment Television will continue to be exclusively available on the OSN platform, through a separate deal. The agreement with E! also grants OSN live streaming and catch-up rights for key shows on OSN Play, the region’s first online viewing platform.
David Butorac, CEO, said: “We are delighted to extend our long-standing relationship with NBCUniversal. This partnership is key to our strategy of providing viewers a diverse range of world-class original and premium content before anyone else in the region so subscribers see it first and exclusively on OSN.”
The licensing deals will also cover exlusive broadcast rights for NBCU’s television series, drama series, popular talk shows and news programmes. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain