Tawazun strategic partner for Idex 2015
Dubai, November 20, 2013
UAE’s Tawazun, the strategic investment firm with a specific focus on the defense sector, has signed as a sponsor for the 2015 edition of the International Defence Exhibition and Conference (Idex) in Abu Dhabi.
The sponsorship agreement was signed today (November 200 in a ceremony held at the Dubai Airshow by Saif Mohamed Al Hajeri, CEO of Tawazun, and Ali Saeed Bin Harmal Al Dhaheri, managing director of Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Center.
Tawazun, who has acted as Idex headline sponsor for the last three editions of Idex, will, under the agreement, become the Strategic Partner for the most strategically important joint defence exhibition in the world. The agreement also provides for greater coordination in international defense events.
Al Hajeri said the agreement paves the way for Tawazun and Idex to intensify their cooperation and to further foster joint contribution to UAE’s economic development and to enhance the country’s global image as a top destination for global MICE industry.
“The agreement complements our role as a strategic partner to Idex and will certainly enable us to increase our offerings towards maintaining prominence of Idex and of the exhibitions and conferences industry in the UAE within the global marketplace,” he added.
Al Dhaheri added: “We are pleased to have Tawazun as the key strategic partner for the world’s leading defence dedicated exhibition. Tawazun has achieved international milestones within the defence industry, and we’re confident that this strategic partnership will add significant value for both entities.”
Since its establishment in 2007, Tawazun has been actively involved in all Idex exhibitions and conferences, assuming the role of Headline Sponsor. Tawazun and Idex also participated in several international exhibitions under the UAE pavilion.
Idex is organised by the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company in coordination with the UAE Armed Forces GHQ.
Idex 2013 was the largest event in its two decade history, with 80,000 visitors attending the event that hosted 1,112 exhibiting companies from 59 countries.
One of Idex’s unique offerings is the Naval Defence Exhibition (Navdex) which is run in simultaneous partnership with Idex. Navdex has doubled in size since its inception, with over 80 exhibitors participating at Navdex 2013 and where the UAE Armed Forces signed 55 defence contracts worth a collective Dh14 billion ($3.8 billion). – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE