Abu Dhabi gears up for Judo Grand Prix
Abu Dhabi, November 21, 2013
Some of the world’s leading exponents of judo from more than 40 countries will participate in the Abu Dhabi Judo Grand Prix 2013 when gets underway in Abu Dhabi tomorrow (November 22).
Organised by the UAE Federation for Wrestling, Judo and Kickboxing, the event will run until November 23 at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (Adnec).
Held for the fifth time, and under the patronage of Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan, National Security Advisor and Vice Chairman of the Executive Council of Abu Dhabi, the event will offer a rare opportunity to see some of the London 2012 Olympic participants perform in the UAE.
Cash prizes worth a total of $150,000 will be awarded at the event, in addition to souvenirs and prizes offered by the Higher Organising Committee headed by Mohammed bin Thaloub Dari, Chairman of the UAE Federation for Wrestling, Judo and Kickboxing.
The Grand Prix will be followed by the Elite Championship that the event will feature for the first time. To run until 26 November, the Elite Championship will draw the participation of more than 1,000 athletes. A number of coaches, administrators and referees will ensure the seamless management of the event.
Humaid Matar Al Dhaheri, chief commercial officer at Adnec, said: "We are looking forward to hosting and watching some of the best athletes in the world participate in this Grand Prix. Elite events such as this, held at Adnec, are a reflection of our vision and commitment to attracting events with far-reaching impact on multiple sectors and industries.”
“The positive impact of judo on the lives of young people not just in Abu Dhabi but across the world is something that we holistically support. As part of this priority, we continue to work tirelessly with various stakeholders and partners across the UAE to ensure that our facility satisfies the needs of their events and matches the requirements of our fast-developing emirate and its people,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Adnec |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film