Dubai Capital Club readies for Expo 2020 news
Dubai, November 25, 2013
The Capital Club, Dubai’s premier private business club and member of the ENSHAA group of companies, is set to welcome the Expo2020 announcement on Wednesday (November 27).
With an expected attendance of 300 members and their guests, comprised of the most influential business figures in Dubai and including representatives from The Capital Club’s Board of Governors and both the Events and Membership Committees, The Club will be the focal point for the region’s business community on the day.
Emma Cullen, The Capital Club’s general manager said, “Dubai is abuzz with talk about the announcement. The Club’s halls have been filled with discussions and debates surrounding the topic and the consensus is clear – Dubai is in it to win it. We are looking forward to a truly memorable event and to celebrating yet another remarkable milestone here in Dubai.”
Commencing at five in the afternoon, the evening will be a gathering of the leading members of not only the Emirates’ but the greater region’s business community and as such are intimately concerned with a successful Expo2020 bid.
Amanda Line, PwC's Academy Middle East and a Member of The Capital Club, stated, “One of the most wonderful things about Dubai is its ability to grow and expand. This emirate is more than just a city, or a financial hub; it is a place where development, change, and progress are an everyday fact of life. It is this ethos that will make Expo2020 in Dubai such a huge success and I truly hope that we get the opportunity to host this significant event.
The Club is gearing up for a night packed with entertainment to mark the occasion. Beginning with a welcome reception and completing the evening with live Jazz, courtesy of the sultry Anita Williams, and followed by the best of 80’s and 90’s music mixed by DJ Richard, this will be the Expo2020 event to be at and an evening that is definitely not to be missed.
Mark Beer, OBE Registrar at DIFC Courts, remarked, “The World Expo is, and always has been, about bringing the communities of the world together. And what better place is there to host this international gathering than Dubai. We are already a meeting point for cultures and business from across the globe and Expo2020 is the next logical step.”
Aman Chopra, Country Head at C & C Alpha Group, summarised the hopes of Dubai saying, “I am very hopeful for Dubai’s chances to bring home Expo2020, not only because I believe that this city is capable of hosting this world class event, but also because of impact it will undoubtedly have on stimulating the economy.
“Dubai’s SME sector is steadily growing and the addition of Expo2020 to the already favourable conditions for small business growth will only aid in strengthening this vital sector of the market.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps