Management contest names jury for UAE debut
Dubai, December 2, 2013
The UAE Global Management Challenge, the world’s largest strategy and management competition, has announced the names of the jurors selected to oversee the competition that is set to launch on January 12.
The panel was chosen out of a long list of potential jurors made up of leading business personalities, government officials and university professors.
The juror board is made up of: Hamed Kazim, UAE national and board member of Commercial Bank of Dubai; Ibrahim Moosa Jamel, director of Operations Education Cluster – Tecom Investments-DIAC and Abdulrahman Saqr, senior vice president of the Human Resources Department and head of Emiratisation at First Gulf Bank.
“Jurors play a very important role in maintaining the high standards associated with the Challenge,” said Mian Muneer Uddin managing partner of Beaufort Associates, the consulting and advisory firm that brought the Global Management Challenge to the UAE.
“These individuals come with impressive credentials in business and management and very high levels of experience, credibility and knowledge. We are very happy to have them on the board.”
Global Management Challenge is a strategy and management competition for managers and university students. Teams, made up of three to five members are given a virtual company, initially identical to every other company in the competition, where each team then develops their company by making a series of decisions relating to various aspects of the business, such as how many machines to buy, or how much to spend on advertising.
These decisions are run through a sophisticated business simulation software, which generates in-depth 'Management Reports', showing the consequences of the decisions. The aim is to finish the game with the highest Investment Performance for the virtual company’s shareholders.
The Challenge was launched in the UAE in September this year and is aligned with the UAE’s vision of Emiratisation. The competition encourages professionals and student to participate and a special track for UAE nationals is under review.
The winning team or ‘UAE Champion’, will then compete with counterparts from several countries for the world title, to be held in Sochi, Russia in April, 2014. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs