Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
Abu Dhabi, December 8, 2013
Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (Adnec) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Madrid-based Institución Ferial de Madrid (IFEMA) targeting mutually beneficial opportunities in the events and exhibitions sector.
The agreement will allow IFEMA to enhance its presence in the UAE while enabling Adnec to increase its profile in Europe and grow its portfolio of world-class events.
In addition to promoting the flagship brands of the two entities in both markets, the MoU will facilitate Adnec and IFEMA to exchange vital industry information and best practices for the joint development of potential exhibition projects.
The agreement was signed in Madrid by Pieter Idenburg, Adnec’s group chief executive officer, and Luis Eduardo Cortés Muňoz, chief executive officer and managing director of IFEMA.
Pieter Idenburg, CEO, Adnec Group, said: “The signing of this agreement is an exciting development for Adnec and strengthens Abu Dhabi’s offering as a global business tourism destination. IFEMA is major player in the event industry in Spain and across Europe. This partnership will build upon the strong ties that we currently share and open doors to the huge European MICE market for Abu Dhabi and the Adnec Group. We look forward to the cross-pollination of ideas, opportunities and best practices in the interest of our mutual growth.”
Economic ties between the UAE and Spain have strengthened over recent years allowing a significant number of Spanish companies to establish a presence in the UAE and register sustained growth in investments.
Trade relations between the UAE and Spain have grown by 75 per cent in the last three years, increasing from 1 billion euros in 2009 to 1.75 billion euros in 2012. In addition, the bilateral flow of tourists rose to 70,000 people in 2012, boosted by the increase in flights between the two countries.
Adnec offers organisers of exhibitions and live events a total of 133,000 sq m of indoor and outdoor space, spread over three ball rooms, 20 meeting rooms, 11 fully interconnected halls and a 6,000 seat conference centre facility. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE