Instagram photography contest launched
Dubai, December 15, 2013
Two creative professionals from Spain have launched a trio of projects which offer huge opportunities for photographers worldwide.
Phil Gonzales and Jorge Martinez are aiming to create the largest photo gallery in the world on Instagram and social media in general, said a statement.
The first of the three initiatives is the Instagramers Gallery, a virtual gallery which is based on opening up a huge photography platform to share photographs.
The Instagramers Gallery Miami, the second initiative, opened doors recently. It was a first of a collection of galleries located all over the world, which will promote photography in the Instagram format. Eventually, it will be launched in the Mena region, said the statement.
The third and biggest aspect of the duo’s initiative, is the introduction of a series of prizes for those who participate in the Instagramers Gallery.
The ‘Photo-Day Prize’ will be picked daily by participants in the site, and the winner will receive $1,000, it stated.
The ‘Instagramers Photo Prize’ of $100,000 will be judged by a panel of experts in photography, art, communications and new technologies, with competing images drawn from the daily contest. It will begin on December 16, it added.
“We are very excited to launch these three projects in the region. We feel that with the large number of Instagram fans, we can make these projects a success,” said Gonzalez.
“Instagramers Gallery is a great tool for people to showcase their world. I am excited to see what the Mena region has to offer. For people that do not have the possibility to visit this area, this would be a great window,” added Martinez.
The last few years have seen a rise in the use of social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and new competitors such as SnapChat. There are about 70 million regular users across these platforms in the Mena region. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film