OSN launches first combat sports channel
Dubai, December 19, 2013
OSN, a leading pay-TV network, said it has partnered with Fight Network to launch the first dedicated combat sports channel, covering martial arts, boxing, kickboxing and professional wrestling, in the Mena region.
Fight Network, a leader in combat sports TV with over three million international subscribers, will showcase live coverage as well as regular news updates and fight analysis in addition to fight-themed drama series, documentaries, feature films and classic fight reruns. The network will also feature fights unique to the Mena region, said a statement from OSN.
The new 24x7 'OSN Fight Network HD' will fuel the adrenaline of fight fans across the Mena region, it stated.
The OSN Fight Network high-definition channel will be a one-stop-shop for the thousands of fans of combat sports, a genre that is rapidly gaining popularity across the region, said a senior official.
“We are setting a new trend in sports TV entertainment in the region with the launch of OSN Fight Network HD. We constantly monitor customer preferences and identified a credible opportunity to launch a channel dedicated to combat sports," remarked CEO David Butorac.
“While youth audiences love the adrenaline-rush of this exciting genre of diverse sporting activities, many combat sports are also gaining popularity as a fitness regimen. By partnering with Fight Network, OSN is once again proving that when it comes to bringing world-class and exclusive content, we lead the industry,” he added.
Leonard Asper, the CEO of Fight Network’s parent company Anthem Media Group, said, "With our focus on international expansion, we are thrilled about partnering with OSN to reach its broad range of territories."
"OSN subscribers across the Mena region will now have access to the world’s premier combat sports content, including fights unique to those regions," he stated.
OSN Fight Network HD is also the home of premier traditional martial arts, including the famed Abu Dhabi Combat Club and is the official broadcaster of the SportAccord World Combat Games, said the statement.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film