Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
Dubai, December 19, 2013
Leading advertising agency Leo Burnett has promoted Flip Media’s CEO Yousef Tuqan Tuqan, to the position of chief innovation officer of its group in the Mena region.
Tuqan joins Leo Burnett following an eight-year tenure at Flip Media, during which time he has served as CEO since 2007, and has worked with Leo Burnett across the group’s network since Flip Media’s acquisition by Leo Burnett in 2012.
In his new role, Tuqan will create an environment of experimentation within the group, encouraging its creative teams to combine the Leo Burnett ‘Human Kind’ philosophy with innovations and breakthrough technologies, said Leo Burnett in a statement.
Working with the managing directors around the region and the digital leadership team, he will map future plans for growth and development to better meet the needs of clients, it stated.
Speaking on the new appointment, Raja Trad, CEO, said: “Innovation is the key to combining creativity and technology and with his extensive background Yousef is well positioned to take his involvement with the group to the next level.”
“Under his guidance, our teams will be encouraged to go beyond the norm in seeking new creative solutions to our clients’ needs, further establishing Leo Burnett as not only a leading source of innovative work, but as garde agency setting new standards across the advertising board,” he added.
In another development, Kareem Monem has been named the new managing director of Leo Burnett-owned Flip Media, the leading digital agency.
“Kareem has a clear vision on how he and the Flip Media management team will build on our success into the future,” said Tuqan. - TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Flip media |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Majid Al Futtaim plans cinema expansion
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends