Creative expert briefs on advertising award
Amman, January 2, 2014
An expert briefed Jordan’s creative community on the opportunities and requirements to participate in regional and international advertising award ceremonies at an event held in Amman recently.
Emma Farmer, the Dubai Lynx Festival director spoke of the success of the festival’s awards, which started in 2007 and grew into a full-fledged, four-day festival with over 2,000 entries from across the region by 2013.
The Dubai Lynx 2014 will take place at the Madinat Jumeirah from March 9 to 12 and the deadline for entries in February 6, she said.
She also pointed out the various festivals managed by Cannes Lions worldwide and the increase in awards being won by Mena-based agencies at the festival since Dubai Lynx started.
Dubai Lynx places emphasis on talent and training through its high-quality education programmes presented by inspiring industry figures and its range of exciting competitions and awards to showcase new talent such as the Young Lynx competitions and the Student Awards, said Farmer.
Also speaking at the event, Zeid Nasser, managing director of MediaScope, said: “It is time for Jordanian creative work to compete to win regional and international awards. Entering the best work of local agencies into Dubai Lynx is the first step to do so, and we are confident that our leading agencies have produced several campaigns in 2013 that could merit accolades.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs