KPMG Fakhro to launch Entrepreneurship Club
Manama, January 8, 2014
KPMG Fakhro is launching a new business forum called ‘Entrepreneurship club’, which aims to bring together entrepreneurs, share ideas and thoughts on topical issues and hear the views of local entrepreneurs, industry representatives and KPMG experts.
The club will hold seminars and discussions every six months and the first seminar will be held on January 14 at the Capital Club, where club members will discuss the challenges and opportunities related to ‘financing for entrepreneurs’.
The event is the first of its kind in the region, said a statement.
KPMG Fakhro managing partner Jamal Fakhro said: ”We recognise the growing significance of the Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) sector in Bahrain.
“Through our owner managed business function, we have greater focus on SME’s and family owned businesses in Bahrain, and this club is another testament of our focus on this critical sector for Bahrain’s economy,” said Fakhro.
Harish Gopinath, partner and head of owner managed business at KPMG, said the idea of launching this business forum came up from the successful one-day workshop hosted by KPMG on Entrepreneurship, which was held in May 2013.
“The ‘Entrepreneurship club’ has been set up to provide support, guidance, and help mentor the entrepreneurs and young leaders of Bahraini family businesses and small and medium enterprise companies. It will also open up a platform where entrepreneurs can meet with their peers and other young and upcoming leaders, to discuss current and emerging issues, establish new business contacts, and get expert advice,” said Gopinath.
The first meeting will have keynote speakers and panelists from Bahrain Association of Banks, private banks, venture capital, first and second generation enterprises.
For more information on the conference and to register as a club member, contact Ramesh Bhaskar on +973 17222392 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film