MAF unveils big 4DX cinema plans for GCC
Dubai, January 8, 2014
Dubai-based Majid Al Futtaim Cinemas is in talks with Korean group CGV to launch the VOX 4DX system - that lets cinema-goers see, hear, feel and smell the latest blockbusters - in key Gulf states Qatar, Oman, Bahrain besides Sharjah and Lebanon.
VOX 4DX, the most immersive, engaging and sensational cinema-going experience, was launched in Dubai last month with phenomenal results, said a statement from MAF.
The first VOX 4DX enabled sensory cinemas opened over the holiday period at Mirdif City Centre and Deira City Centre to a 5,000-strong crowd of fans in the first week who flocked to experience this innovative technology.
There has been a fantastic response to the 4DX movies with numerous sessions sold out and occupancy rates reaching record levels, during the end of year peak trading period, said a senior official.
“As expected with such an exciting concept, VOX 4DX has been incredibly popular in its first few weeks,” remarked Cameron Mitchell, the CEO of VOX Cinemas.
“Movie-goers in our region have an insatiable appetite for innovation and with VOX 4DX, the latest blockbusters can be experienced in the most engaging and interactive way yet,” he noted.
“In line with of our exclusivity agreement with the CGV Group, we are advancing plans to install the technology into Aldar’s new Yas Island super regional mall later this year, so guests in Abu Dhabi can also experience the new concept, and plans are under review to install VOX 4DX in Sharjah, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Lebanon,” Mitchell added.
Cinema in the UAE, he stated, has entered an entirely new dimension, and movie-goers couldn’t wait to experience it.
“We are delighted with how guests have embraced the new concept, and certain that VOX 4DX will continue to be a success, and offer yet another unique and exclusive way for people to enjoy their favourite films at VOX Cinemas,” he added.
This month cinema-goers can look forward to VOX 4DX screenings of Jack Ryanstarring Kevin Costner and Chris Pine on January 16 and the eagerly awaited Frankenstein with Aaron Eckhart on January 23 at both Deira City Centre and Mirdif City Centre.
4DX was first launched in 2010 at Korea and since then millions of people worldwide have experienced movies with a fourth dimension, in 90 locations across 22 countries.
The concept has been hugely popular, and this year alone 4DX screens have opened in Croatia, Ukraine, Korea, China, Russia, Indonesia, Thailand, Venezuela, Mexico, Guatemala, Colombia, Chile.
An additional 90 screens are scheduled to open globally this year, and there are plans to expand to 300 screens by the end of 2015.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps
- Many digital services in region ‘under-served’