Bahrain Airshow to highlight top women pilots
Manama, January 12, 2014
A group of women from the aviation industry who are keen to encourage more women to fly will be taking part in the upcoming Bahrain International Airshow, a report said.
The Arabian Section of the 99s International Women Pilots Organisation will be taking part in the show, which runs from January 16 to 18 at the Sakhir Airbase, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The governor of the Arabian section of the 99s, Alia Twal, said she was grateful to the Civil Aviation Authority for allowing them to take part for the first time.
"With our participation in the air show, we will be able to encourage more women to join the aviation world," she said.
"I am very proud to see our members taking part in the show and our lady pilots are flying from different countries to participate in this event. Our goal is to reach out to women to crack their shell and go out and achieve. We are happy to give advice and talk to the women who are interested in a career in aviation."
The organisation is also able to offer women discounts on aviation training courses. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: bahrain airshow |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released