'Most UAE's wealthy use LinkedIn'
Dubai, January 14, 2014
A majority of high net worth individuals (HNWI) in the UAE are LinkedIn members and use the platform regularly as a source of content to guide their financial decisions, according to a study.
The research by LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, revealed that nearly three-quarters of the UAE’s high net worth individuals using social media are LinkedIn members and 92 per cent of them use LinkedIn several times a week, with 74pc accessing the site through a smartphone and 77pc using a tablet.
Of all of the UAE’s high net worth individuals who use social media, 78pc will use them for at least one financial purpose, the study found.
Besides connecting with colleagues and creating professional content, the country’s affluent LinkedIn members nominate following experts, influencers and brands as amongst their top reasons for using the platform. The expertise that they find on LinkedIn guides both personal and business decision-making – and has a particular influence over how they choose to invest their own money, they said in the study. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat