HMH launches special award for women
Dubai, January 22, 2014
UAE-based Hospitality Management Holdings has rolled out ‘HMH Celebrity,’ a special awards programme for women.
Sheikha Wafa Hasher Al Maktoum said: “HMH Celebrity is a tribute to exceptional women who are playing an extraordinary role in the UAE society be it in the field of art, literature, culture, sports, environment, healthcare, human welfare or public life.
“What connects all these women is a passionate need to transcend the limitations of their lives – to change the world for the better – while grappling with their own place in it.”
Laurent A Voivenel, CEO, HMH, said: “Through this award, we endeavour to honour women, who through their exceptional work, become pillars of our community but very often go unrecognised. Every month we wish to honour one such special woman, who through her determination pushes limits of her boundaries to achieve excellence in her field.”
“We are truly grateful to Sheikha Wafa for extending her support to this initiative. The programme will not only be limited to recognising women who take up social or charitable causes but rather anyone who has been playing a part in enriching lives,” he said.
At the end of the year, one out of the 12 winners will be presented with the ‘HMH Celebrity of the Year’ award at a gala ceremony, he added.
The nominees for the award can be of any nationality, but should be based in the UAE. They should have done something exemplary that qualifies them to be a role model for others.
The winners will be chosen by a special committee of judges headed by Sheikha Wafa, with two prominent journalists, two experts from the same field as the nominee and two top executives from HMH. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps