UAE management contest kicks off trials
Dubai, January 28, 2014
The UAE Global Management Challenge, a leading strategy and management competition, kicked-off its trial round recently, with 47 teams comprising more than 200 participants.
The challenge seeks to help bolster management skills required to build a knowledge economy, said a statement.
Marcos Quadros, CFO of AW Rostamani Group, said: “The challenge is a good platform for us to train and develop our managerial staff in a real-time, simulated environment, where they can compete against skilled professionals from other companies and organisations.”
The trial run was aimed at acclimatising the teams to their simulated environment. The 47 teams from UAE companies and universities that had signed up for the trial will be competing for the chance to become the ‘UAE Champion.’
The participants within the teams will assume roles - in finance, marketing, production and HR sectors - and plan their business strategy. They will analyse financial and economic indicators, develop corporate strategy, interact within functional areas of a company, and gain an in-depth understanding of the market conditions in which their companies compete.
Their overall aim will be to maximise the virtual company’s investment return for shareholders.
The winner of the UAE competition will then compete at the global level in April when the international finals take place in Sochi, Russia. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps