Zain launches interactive platform for bloggers
Manama, February 1, 2014
Zain Bahrain has announced the launch of Zweetup, a dedicated platform that aims to bring together and create an interactive forum for social media enthusiasts and bloggers.
Through Zweetup, Zain Bahrain will be developing a calendar of events that will include technology debate sessions, various competitions and sport activities, said general manager; Mohammed Zainalabedin, who launched the initiative at the Zain Tower on Saturday.
The bloggers and social media enthusiasts were sent a special package to attend the launch event in a form of two blue birds hand-delivered to each individual with a one-month supply of food and cage ensuring that all pet care regulations are met, said a statement from the telecom firm.
Speaking at the launch, Zainalabdain said: "We aim to bridge the community closer to Zain Bahrain by providing a dedicated platform for the digital community."
“Zweetup will be hosting monthly activities ranging from learning activities to fun-filled activities. We believe that the advancement of the society is to focus on developing a nurtured and tech-savvy culture,” he added.
The launch event included a roundtable discussion with the Zain Management Team, headed by the general manager, to discuss the upcoming launch of the new and most modern network scheduled for the first quarter of the year.
Interactive sessions with the Customer Care department and fun games were organized as a part of the event. The social media enthusiast will be the first to test the new LTE services provided by the operator in the first quarter of this year
Zain Bahrain entered the Kingdom's telecoms market in 2003 as the second mobile operator and as at 30th June 2013, serves 748,000 customers, reflecting a 36 per cent year-on- year growth.
In April 2013, the operator launched hi-speed 4G LTE services that will be gradually rolled out nationwide to homes, offices and on the mobile network.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps