Bahrain expat wins top India honour
Manama, February 7, 2014
A Bahrain resident has won a top award in India in recognition of her artistic work. Jaya Menon was selected as the first winner of the Pravasi Kalashree Awards for nonresident artists who have excelled in various fields by the Kerala Sangeetha nataka Akademi.
The announcement was made by Kerala Minister for Rural development, Planning and Culture K C Joseph.
Menon, who works with JPMorgan Chase Bank, has performed on stage since the age of four, and has received the Best Actress Award from the Bahrain Keraleeya Samajam three times.
She will be presented with the award during a function in the southern Indian state on March 27. “I am elated and excited that my dedication, hard work and commitment is recognised and this is indeed a great honour for me,” said Menon, who has taken part in several plays.
“I would simply rule out the theory that drama is undergoing a slow death. The crowd that gathered to watch 'Kuriyedathu Thathri' itself is an example,” she added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park