Dubai Film hosts TV, branded content workshop
Dubai, 24 days ago
The Dubai Film and TV Commission (DFTC) has hosted a workshop with renowned film finance and branded content expert Philip Alberstat, for Dubai film, TV and media professionals.
The two-day 2014 Film, Television and Branded Content workshop, which took place in the Dubai Studio City, was aimed at developing the local media production industry.
It made use of real life case studies to provide the participants with the tools and information on the business models underlying media content production with the aim of helping them bring their projects to life.
The first half of the workshop discussed the world of advertising and branding, and how the use of content has become a significant tool for brands around the world.
The discussion was focused on how local producers can build their businesses in the region by communicating with brands, and how these brands can in turn finance their film or television project.
The second part of the workshop addressed the fundamental process of financing films, looking at elements such as co-productions, co-financing, production incentives, budgets and legal issues.
Jamal Al Sharif, chairman of DFTC, said: “This workshop provides valuable insights on the different business models applied in today’s competitive and dynamic media industry.
“Such workshops help develop the local media production industry and we look forward to holding similar master classes in the future, to foster the growth of the vibrant media community that now resides here in Dubai.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released