Ooredoo implements new network for beIN Sports
Doha, 21 days ago
Ooredoo, Qatar’s leading telecom operator, has implemented a new sports contribution network for beIN Sports.
It is aimed at enhancing the quality of high-definition video shared between Paris and Doha and broadcast across the station’s diverse range of channels.
The new infrastructure will significantly improve the signal continuity, provide higher resolution and ensure loss-less transmission, said a statement.
The channel will transmit HD coverage of the major European leagues that it has the exclusive rights to direct from studios in Paris, including Spanish La Liga, the French Ligue 1 and the Italian Serie A.
Ooredoo had partnered with the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), a leading alliance of public service media organisations, to integrate and deploy the contribution network.
Mohammad Al Subaie, executive director of Commercial Affairs, beIN Media Group, said: "The launch of the sports contribution network has gone very smoothly with the full support of Ooredoo. Our new robust network solution will enable us to deliver the very best high-definition coverage of the most exciting European matches live and direct to our viewers’ homes.”
beIN SPORTS, based in Qatar, has the exclusive broadcasting rights in the Middle East for major football leagues. The station will aggregate all French Ligue 1 sports production through Paris and transmit the video content over the media contribution network, based on Net Insight’s Nimbra platform, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal