Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps
Moscow/Beirut, February 25, 2014
Paragon Software Group, a leading software developer of electronic dictionaries for mobile devices, tablets and PCs, has released the new Al-Mounged English-Arabic Dictionary apps for Android, iPad, iPhone and OS X.
The app comes with a free preview option, and offers the most advanced search, learning and translation features, said Paragon in a statement.
The Al-Mounged English-Arabic Dictionary was prepared by Prof Theodory Constantin who spent years on it. The dictionary database contains about 85,000 entries, it stated.
As it is a dictionary of general culture, Prof Theodory mostly avoided rare expressions and meanings. Instead, he selected those in common use without, however, neglecting technical expressions that belong to the ordinary intellectual baggage of the cultured Arab reader, said the statement.
A major highlight is that the English sound module contains over 51,000 entries by native speakers.
The dictionary has several search and translate features including:
• Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard for translation.
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• English morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Search for anagrams (e. g. tab-bat).
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
The lack of linguistic uniformity among Arab countries has made him give numerous Arabic synonyms while carefully selecting those in common use without, however, neglecting technical expressions that belong to the ordinary intellectual baggage of the cultured Arab reader, the statement form Paragon added.-TradeArabia News Service