Tubli Bay factories may be closed
Manama, July 16, 2007
Factories may be ordered to leave Bahrain's Tubli Bay in a new government green drive.
The government also plans to install more sewerage plants in Muharraq to ease pressure on Tubli's plant.
Cabinet ministers yesterday ordered a series of measures to protect the bay, revive its marine life and purify it by pumping in more clean water.
The session, chaired by Deputy Premier Shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa, discussed other environmental measures raised by the public utilities committee.- TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan