Tubli Bay factories may be closed
Manama, July 16, 2007
Factories may be ordered to leave Bahrain's Tubli Bay in a new government green drive.
The government also plans to install more sewerage plants in Muharraq to ease pressure on Tubli's plant.
Cabinet ministers yesterday ordered a series of measures to protect the bay, revive its marine life and purify it by pumping in more clean water.
The session, chaired by Deputy Premier Shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa, discussed other environmental measures raised by the public utilities committee.- TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn