Saudi ban on French chicken
Jeddah, July 19, 2007
The Saudi Ministry of Agriculture imposed a temporary ban on the import of chicken and eggs from Moselle in Lorraine, France.
Authorities described this as a preventive measure to counter bird flu, according to Arab News.
The ban has been announced following information received from the Paris-based World Health Organisation (WHO), the Saudi Press Agency reported.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey