AmEx backs Kids Art Exhibition
Manama , July 26, 2007
American Express Middle East is one of the sponsors of 'The Colors for Kids Art Exhibition Opening'.
It is a fundraiser for the Bahraini Association for Mental Retardation. The event was held on July 25 and 26 at the Al Riwaq Art Gallery in Adliya.
Works of art created by the Al Hussain Society for Islamic Art was on display as well as pieces created by children from the association. Paintings by the Iraqi ambassador Ghassan Mohsen, as well as world renowned artist Abbas Al Mosawi were also be on display.
The event aimed to raise at least DB10,000 for the improvement of the centres and hopes to increase awareness of people inflicted with autism.
'At American Express, we believe that it takes more than good products to make a great company. It takes strong relationships with our Cardmembers, employees, merchants and the communities in which we live and work,' said Human Resources Director for American Express Middle East and North Africa Mohamed Danish.
The exhibition follows the Colors for Kids Art Workshop, also partly sponsored by American Express, where over 150 children and eight professional artists participated in the Seef Mall on July 13 and 14 and raised more than BD500.-Trade Arabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm