Miramar Resort implements green policy
Fujairah, October 4, 2007
Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort will implement green policies across all its operations.
The five-star property in Fujairah is Iberotel's first offering in the UAE and is set to open in the last quarter of 2007.
Announcing details of the groups' global green policy, and its implementation across their activities and operations in Fujairah, area business development manager, Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort, Ashraf Helmy said the overall objectives of the programme are to conserve, protect and enhance the environment.
'Our environment pledge and policy is multi-faceted and many-tiered, and it covers almost all aspects of our operations - ranging from the obvious conservation of energy and water, to more select programmes like waste segregation and recycling,' he explained.
Energy and water consumption are monitored and controlled diligently at all Iberhotel properties, with strong in-house programmes including a spectrum of meter readings, spreadsheet-based tracking and controls, and there will be no exceptions in Fujairah.
One of Iberotel's most successful programmes around the world, and ready to be implemented in Fujairah, is that of waste management, where all waste - paper, natural fabrics, plastic, packaging, chemicals and organic materials - are segregated, recycled and reused to best available combinations.
In addition to upholding and implementing their 14-point green policy, and as part of their conservation efforts, the Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort will feature a green house, and most herbs required in their kitchens will be grown in the resort gardens.- TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract