Iran buys South American soyoil
Tehran, October 4, 2007
Iran's state purchasing agency has bought about 35,000 tonnes of soyoil from South America in a tender which closed this week, European traders said on Thursday.
The crude degummed soyoil should be of Brazilian or Argentine origin and is for shipment in November.
A tender for between 20,000 to 35,000 tonnes had closed on Monday. Price was unavailable.
The total volume was also unclear, but traders said they believed the purchase to be close or slightly above the maximum volume sought of 35,000 tonnes.
In a previous tender on August 8, Iran bought an unknown volume of soyoil from Brazil or Argentina. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head