Zaatar restaurant opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, October 23, 2007
Zaatar W Zeit, a premium chain of restaurants that serves authentic Lebanese cuisine 'with a twist,' has followed up on the success of its four Dubai restaurants with a new outlet in Abu Dhabi.
The restaurant, on Al Salam Street, will maintain the mix of traditional Lebanese food and hip, colourful décor that has made it such a hit in Dubai, Beirut, Kuwait and elsewhere, said a Zaatar official.
The concept of 'Mankousheh with a twist' (in Arabic 'aa tari'tak') has proven to be particularly popular among young people, while quality food and service are attractive to a more mature clientele.
'Zaatar W Zeit has grown to become one of the most popular Arabic restaurants in the region,' said managing director, United Restaurant Development, Walid Hajj.
'We are delighted to be opening our first outlet in Abu Dhabi. Our success in Dubai has been phenomenal, so it's only natural that we would want to bring the unique ZwZ experience to the nation's capital,' he added.
The opening saw the traditional red carpet being replaced with a vibrant orange, the outlet's signature colour. Delivery bikes could be seen on either side of the walkway before cyclists took to the capital's streets to announce the opening of the restaurant.- TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan