Bahrain buys Sikorsky helicopter
Manama, November 14, 2007
Sikorsky has announced that it has sold a VVIP S-92 (R) helicopter to the Royal Bahrain Air Force.
"This latest purchase of a Sikorsky helicopter by Bahrain is the result of the strong relationship that we continue to build upon with each opportunity to provide proven aircraft to this region of the world," said Sikorsky vice-president Stephen B Estill.
The purchase comes just a few months after Bahrain signed a letter of offer and acceptance to procure nine Sikorsky UH-60M helicopters from the US army. With that sale, Bahrain became the international launch customer for the newest and most advanced Black Hawk helicopter. The UH-60M is the next generation model of the Black Hawk, derivatives of which are in service with 26 governments across the globe.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan