Motivate unveils art book
Dubai:, November 18, 2007
Motivate Publishing has released the third title in its Arabian Gallery Art Series, the company said in a statement.
Published with the support and encouragement of MWH, Al Khaleej and Beyond is a compilation of paintings and anecdotes on the authors’ travels in Al Khaleej – the Arabian Gulf states of Bahrain, Iran, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates – and an absorbing selection of countries situated beyond the Gulf: Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Yemen, it added.
The authors are well known in the local community and have lively painting styles that complement each other, said the company.
Peter Lawrence is an active member of Dubai International Art Group and Artisans of the Emirates (ARTE). His paintings have been regularly used by the Al Noor Centre for Children with Special Needs for its charity greeting cards. Mike Shepley is a multi-media producer who has lived and worked in the UAE for the past 25 years. Mike has won a number of awards for his paintings and regularly donates these for worthy causes in UAE and Internationally.
“Peter and Mike have some fantastic stories to tell about their time here in the Middle East. This book truly gives a sense of how colourful and vibrant the region really is,” said Motivate Publishing General Manager for Books Jonathan Griffiths.
“This book is a wonderful opportunity for MWH to celebrate its long association with the region through an artistic initiative. MWH is celebrating the provision of water supply, sanitation and environmental services to the Middle East for 60 years including 4 decades in the Emirates. MWH’s mission is to build a better world and the company has a strong commitment to the world and its communities. I am particularly happy, therefore, that this book reflects the people of the region so well and the history and traditions of the communities and of the natural environments in which they live,” said MWH President for Europe and the Middle East David Nickols.
Al Khaleej and beyond – Reflections of two artists is priced at Dh125 ($34) and is available to purchase from Motivate Publishing’s corporate gifts department, www.booksarabia.com, and all good bookshops, the company said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’