EMS signs energy contract with Escan
Dubai, December 29, 2007
Energy Management Services (EMS), the Middle East's leading energy saving company, has signed a partnership agreement with Escan Real Estate Company (Escan).
As per the contract, EMS will assist Escan in acquiring Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification for its Dh5 billion ($1.3 billion) worth of development projects in Abu Dhabi, Fujairah and Dubai.
Under the terms of the agreement, EMS will conduct its patented Energy Efficient Architecture (EEA) analysis, and develop energy control measures, for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance phases of all Escan development projects, said an official spokesman.
The partnership agreement is expected to produce long-term environmental and economic benefits based on LEED’s high standards of environmentally sustainable construction.
“Environmentally friendly construction has become a key industry concern following the announcement by vice-president and prime minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai Shaikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, that all buildings in Dubai be constructed according to green building standards from January 2008,” said managing director, EMS, Khaled Bushnaq.
Escan is an Dh1 billion private investment and real estate company with a view of accepting up to 49 per cent foreign ownership in the future. The company focuses on real estate development, business enterprises, hospitality development, community service, industrial projects, logistics, and other investment portfolios.
“The benefits of ‘green’ projects complement our commitment to meeting customer needs, developing alternative products and services, and offering unique and low-cost features for end-users. We are honoured to be part of efforts to improve not only industry standards but environmental awareness as well,” said CEO, Escan, Khaled Shaali.
The partnership with ESCAN is one of several high-profile alliances for EMS following the ongoing industry operational shift towards green practices. This includes EMS’s efforts to assist the Amwaj Island Bahrain to become the first fully environmentally friendly property development in Bahrain.
Energy Management Services, the Middle East's leading energy saving company, provides a full range of real estate development ‘green’ solutions that optimise energy performance and maximise savings without compromising operations and services.
One of the unique services offered by EMS is its EEA analysis, which systematically evaluates and analyses the function of systems, processes and building equipment.- TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station