Tang bags twin Gemas awards
Dubai, February 18, 2008
Leading powdered beverage brand, Tang, was recently recognised at the prestigious GMR Effectiveness in Marketing Awards (Gemas) 2008 for not one but two categories in marketing excellence in the GCC region.
One of the flagship brands of Kraft Foods, Tang beat other competitive brands to be nominated for the fiercely-coveted marketing categories.
Tang received a commendable award for "Best Brand Re-launch" and "Best Use of TV" at a recent function in Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai.
The recognitions speak volumes about the strategic focus, innovation and relevance of Tang’s marketing initiatives in the region, said a top company official.
Ahmad Yahya, marketing director GCC, Kraft Foods said, “This is indeed a proud occasion for all of us at Kraft Foods. To be recognised for our marketing efforts in an important, growth-oriented region such as the GCC is an encouragement for us to continue to spearhead strategic and innovative marketing programmes that are relevant to our consumers”.
“With Tang having had a series of successful new flavor launches and one main product re-launch in the recent years, special thanks go out to our in-house marketing team, as well as to our creative and media partners. Their passion, dedication and understanding of the GCC consumer climate will undoubtedly ensure that more powerbrands are born from Kraft Foods” he added.
The "Best Use of TV" recognition was in relation of developing and sponsoring "Tang Quiz the Whiz" Show on Asianet TV.
The program is unique in the region as it involves mothers and their children in teams competing against each other. The program ran for 13 weeks and the winning child-mother team received the Grand prize of a laptop and golden pendant.
The recognition for "Best Brand Re-launch" resulted from the brand’s immediate action upon consumer feedback.
Based on findings from extensive consumer research, the brand’s equity was moved closer to fruits by using only 100 per cent natural flavors, the product was enhanced with vitamins A, B and C and the brand’s packaging was modernised with a new exciting look.
Tang has in the past also won a host of other awards and recognitions including the Campaign Middle East Media and Marketing awards such as "Best Use of Sponsorship" for its 'Cook with a Mother' campaign on MBC1 and Best Use of TV for its 'Dial-a-Chef' Campaign.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack