Employee empowerment key to success says expert
Dubai, February 20, 2008
Personal empowerment of employees is key to an organisation’s success and its future development, said well-known motivational speaker Alan W Altman at a talk in Dubai.
The event was organised by the Professional Wing of Pakistan Association Dubai at the LG Digital Centre.
One of the world’s leading authorities on the belief systems that enable a person to overcome adversity and turn disadvantage into advantage, Altmann pointed out that personal empowerment at all levels of the organisation can help employees to perform better at the workplace and allow them to be more confident of their responsibilities.
The rich content of his presentation left people informed, entertained and inspired to perform at peak levels.
An accredited veteran in the field of life insurance and financial planning business, Altmann spoke of the three steps to reach personal empowerment.
“The first step is empowering people to overcome obstacles of the mind and body emphasising that it all starts from within and works its way into implementation and achievement,” he said.
“The second step is having a belief system that does not come apart when life does. He advised people to have faith that all would be better and to hold on to that belief and things will improve with the positive energy created. The third and last step is having a vision in mind. Setting a goal and working towards it helps achieve your ambitions and satisfy your self in a faster, well organised manner,” Altmann added.
Being born with bone deformities that severely crippled him and after 37 operations and constant pain, he took it upon himself to spread the word on how to change life and overcome obstacles.
He continues to inspire administration, business and sales audiences across the globe with his message of hope, humour and inspiration often using his case as a testament to his theories.
Altmann was chosen 1993-94 Speaker of the Year by the Inspirator International Magazine. In 2005, he was chosen as one of America’s Top Ten Success Coaches by Financial Services Advisor magazine.
He’s also been honoured by the US Senate for his work in helping to empower people.
Altmann is a seasoned, knowledgeable professional who has been endorsed by many celebrities and decision makers in the business industry for delivering educational programmes, motivational messages, training, facilitation and inspirational messages.
His bestsellers include Personal Empowerment, From Revival to Ruin and Gearing Up for Success. His writings have been published in 14 countries around the globe, and his TV series, Personal Empowerment and Family Empowerment, have been broadcast nationwide on the Public Broadcasting Network.
During his 27-year speaking career, Altmann qualified for the Million Dollar Round Table, and repeatedly earned his company’s top honours and Career Awards for Outstanding Sales Achievement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dutch firm wins Algeria interior ministry order
- Bahrain SMEs 'on the verge of closure'
- Unrest victim's kin stranded at Bahrain airport
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety