IFEA backs Events 360
Dubai, February 20, 2008
The International Festivals and Events Association (IFEA) is giving its worldwide backing to Event 360 – the Middle East only dedicated show for event organisers and suppliers.
The association has become a strategic partner of Event 360 which runs in parallel with the Palme Middle East Exhibition taking place at the Dubai International Exhibition Centre from April 27 to 29, 2008.
Founded in 1956 in the US, IFEA is today the premier association for festival and event professionals with over 2000 members and organisations in 40 countries worldwide. The association’s primary focus is identifying and providing access to professional resources and networks.
There are IFEA affiliates throughout the world including IFEA Middle East which was set up by president of Centre Stage Management, organisers of the upcoming Dubai Desert Rock Festival, hosting a line-up of 13 international bands, Jackie Wartanian.
“It is an integral part of IFEA’s strategy to support professional events such as Event 360 which will actively promote the association’s aims in the Middle East,” said Wartanian.
IFEA’s World President and CEO Steven Wood Schmader is also expected to fully participate in Event 360 – delivering the keynote speech at the Strategic Event Management Conference and by joining the panel of judges for the Event 360 awards ceremony.
“This is a strategic alliance benefiting both Event 360 and the International Festivals and Events Association,” said exhibition director Alex Heuff. “Event 360 provides the perfect stage to bring regional and international industry professionals together under one roof.”
The Event 360 conference includes regional and international event organisers. The five-day forum will incorporate 30 presentations and keynote addresses, along with networking sessions and three post-conference workshops, covering topics such as event security and licences through to legal responsibilities and insurance.
The regional events industry also has its own “Oscars” with the Middle East Event Awards at Event 360. The awards, hosted by meeting and events industry publication meetme (Meet Middle East) magazine, will take place on April 27 and are open to companies who plan, manage, supply or service exhibitions; consumer, corporate and public events; weddings, parties, concerts, venues and theatres. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack