Kit Kat bags top confectionery award
Dubai, February 27, 2008
Kit Kat has won the “best confectionery product of the year” award at the 'Retail News Middle East Awards 2008' held recently in Dubai.
The widely-popular chocolate fingers received the industry nod of recognition for outstanding performance across a number of criteria over the past 12 months, said a Nestle official.
Commenting on the win, Philip Hobeika, Kit Kat senior brand manager at Nestle Middle East, said “KitKat is Nestle’s number one countline brand in the Middle East, and it is very gratifying to see our work on this popular brand acknowledged here today.”
The selection was done on the basis of taste, texture, appearance, packaging, consumer awareness, value for money, and contribution to industry growth in the region.
'The brand has engaged its lovers during the past few months in celebrating its 70th anniversary with the notable 'Kit Kat Gold Finger' campaign. Kit Kat consumers around the region had hundreds of ‘rewarding’ breaks as they unwrapped tickets to real Gold Fingers, while indulging in their favorite ‘break’ companion,' said an elated Hobeika.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role