Qatar Islamic helps fund $150m desal plant
Doha, March 23, 2008
Qatar Islamic Bank said on Sunday it had agreed with Qatar Electricity and Water Co a $150 million Islamic finance deal to help fund a water desalination plant.
The 20-year istisna-ijara facility will be used to finance the construction of three desalination units for the Ras Abu Fontas A1 plant, the lender said in a statement.
Due to be completed in the summer of 2009, the plant will have an ultimate capacity of 45 million imperial gallons a day. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires