Russian singer Bilan to rock Dubai
Dubai, March 25, 2008
Singing sensation Dima Bilan, who has made a huge impact on the Russian and global music scene, is gearing up for his debut performance in Dubai.
With accolades including ‘Artist of the Year’, International Music Awards 2006 and MTV RMA Winner ‘Best Song’ and ‘Best Artist’ 2006, Bilan, will perform his first live solo concert in the region on Thursday at Madinat Jumeirah Arena.
'Dima Bilan will wow Dubai’s music fans with his energetic set including performances of his international hit songs; ‘Never Let You Go’, and ‘Number One Fan’, as well as his latest hit song ‘Believe’, produced in collaboration with Grammy winning American record producer, composer, rapper and singer, Timbaland,' said the organisers.
Commenting on his upcoming concert in Dubai, Dima Bilan said “I am really looking forward to the concert; I’ve been to Dubai before and noticed there is such an amazing feel to the city, it made perfect sense to me to perform to a multicultural crowd that has a multicultural taste in music.'
'I like to radiate real energy in all my performances, an element that I know will ensure the Dubai crowd gets totally absorbed in the concert.”
As the selected artist to represent Russia in the MTV Europe Music Awards in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2006, Dima is no novice when it comes to representing his country having been the runner up in Eurovision 2006 and will look to go one better in Eurovision 2008 with his hit song ‘Believe’.
The concert starts at 8.30pm and the tickets are priced at Dh500 ($136), Dh750 for standing and gold class and Dh1,500 and Dh3,000 for VIP and Diamond stalls.
A fan of performance cars, Dima Bilan’s concert will also have tuned cars on display courtesy of Prestige Cars.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain