Bahrain may ban plastic bottles
Manama, April 9, 2008
Bahrain could soon implement a ban on plastic bottles and bags if a parliamentary proposal is approved.
Parliament chairman Khlaifa Al Dhahrani had originally proposed that the government start a gradual ban on plastic bottles and bags, but has now backed an amendment to have it banned completely.
An industry and commerce ministry representative said that they were distributing cloth bags to major supermarkerts so people could use them in place of plastic bags.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement