Bahrain Navy holds joint exercise
Manama, April 24, 2008
The Royal Bahrain Navy conducted a joint exercise with US and coalition forces in the northern Arabian Gulf, it was announced.
Operation Arabian Shark, led by Combined Task Force (CTF) 152, aimed to improve partnerships between the participants' and their anti-submarine warfare capabilities.
The three-day exercise brought together the Royal Bahrain Navy vessel the Sabha (FFG 90), the USS Philippine Sea (CG 58), USS Carney (DDG 64) and other coalition ships. Officials said Arabian Shark provided an opportunity for sailors from different countries and backgrounds to learn crucial skills from each other.
Bahrain last month became the first Gulf country to take command of CTF 152, which conducts maritime security operations in the central and southern Arabian Gulf.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan