Bahrain Navy holds joint exercise
Manama, April 24, 2008
The Royal Bahrain Navy conducted a joint exercise with US and coalition forces in the northern Arabian Gulf, it was announced.
Operation Arabian Shark, led by Combined Task Force (CTF) 152, aimed to improve partnerships between the participants' and their anti-submarine warfare capabilities.
The three-day exercise brought together the Royal Bahrain Navy vessel the Sabha (FFG 90), the USS Philippine Sea (CG 58), USS Carney (DDG 64) and other coalition ships. Officials said Arabian Shark provided an opportunity for sailors from different countries and backgrounds to learn crucial skills from each other.
Bahrain last month became the first Gulf country to take command of CTF 152, which conducts maritime security operations in the central and southern Arabian Gulf.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm