Adnec plans $950m Al Ain convention centre
Abu Dhabi , May 12, 2008
Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (Adnec) said on Monday it is setting up a Dh3.5 billion ($953.2 million) convention centre in Al Ain.
The centre - which will include a hotel, conference facilities, offices, and residences - will help boost the city in the Abu Dhabi emirates as a tourist and business destination, state-owned Adnec said in a statement.
Earlier this month, Adnec said it bought control of ExCeL London, a venue that will be used in the 2012 Olympics in Britain.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence