Savola, Al-Muhaidab set up food JV
Dubai, May 20, 2008
Saudi Arabia's Savola Group said on Tuesday it was setting up an edible oils and sugar firm with Al-Muhaidab Group.
It did not mention the capital of Savola Foods in a statement on the bourse website.
Savola would own 80 per cent and Al-Muhaidab would get 20 per cent.
As part of the deal, Savola will take full control of Savola Industrial Investments Co, a second joint venture between the two companies in which Muhaidab has a 36.5 per cent stake, chief executive Sami Baroum said in the statement.
Savola said on Monday it planned to spend at least $100 million to buy stakes in agribusiness firms in Ukraine, Brazil or Egypt to secure sugar and edible oil supply.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision