Thailand promises Bahrain steady rice supply
Manama, May 21, 2008
Thailand is ready to supply Bahrain with rice, vegetables, building materials and other industrial products in sufficient quantities.
This was disclosed to the Bahraini delegation headed by Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro during a meeting with Thai officials.
The Thai officials expressed their desire to bolster Bahraini-Thai relations in various fields including trade and economy.
The Thai delegation included the Deputy Premier, Industry and Commerce Minister, Chamber of Commerce and Industry chairman and senior investors.
Dr Fakhro stressed Prime Minister Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa's directives to boost co-operation.
The Bahraini delegation highlighted Bahrain's position as the leading investment hub in the Gulf. It also highlighted immense scope of financing economic, agricultural and industrial projects in Thailand through local, GCC and Islamic finance houses.
Thai officials stressed their readiness to provide sufficient goods to GCC countries in general and Bahrain in particular.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head