Thailand promises Bahrain steady rice supply
Manama, May 21, 2008
Thailand is ready to supply Bahrain with rice, vegetables, building materials and other industrial products in sufficient quantities.
This was disclosed to the Bahraini delegation headed by Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro during a meeting with Thai officials.
The Thai officials expressed their desire to bolster Bahraini-Thai relations in various fields including trade and economy.
The Thai delegation included the Deputy Premier, Industry and Commerce Minister, Chamber of Commerce and Industry chairman and senior investors.
Dr Fakhro stressed Prime Minister Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa's directives to boost co-operation.
The Bahraini delegation highlighted Bahrain's position as the leading investment hub in the Gulf. It also highlighted immense scope of financing economic, agricultural and industrial projects in Thailand through local, GCC and Islamic finance houses.
Thai officials stressed their readiness to provide sufficient goods to GCC countries in general and Bahrain in particular.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
- Bahrain police recover 800 firebombs
- Raytheon to ink $2.1bn Oman arms deal
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc