Search begins for Pepsi Street Skills
Jeddah, May 22, 2008
Pepsico International has launched Pepsi Street Skills 2008 competition for youngsters in the region.
This unique journey in search of young football talents is for teenagers between in four Gulf countries: Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait and Oman.
Registration starts this week and details have been announced.
“Young footballers in the region have outstanding skills and PepsiCo International is committed to developing their potential and supporting them in their ambitions to become world class players,” said Ibrahim Binaquil, GCC Senior Brand Manager – Colas at PepsiCo International.
'Across the region, more than 2000 youths will compete for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Selection will be made from video clips of the players demonstrating their football skills and the best 12 will form a team and travel to Europe, where they will meet Pepsi stars Fabregas, Henry and Messi in London and Barcelona,” he added.
“Pepsi Street Skills challenge is a highly popular event that is eagerly anticipated by the young hopefuls and their families,” said Binaquil.
“The competition is part of Pepsico International’s continuous support for the advancement of the sport in the region by nurturing talented individuals to progress their career in football and compete at an international level,' he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai private security firm gets key certification
- Dutch firm wins Algeria interior ministry order
- Bahrain SMEs 'on the verge of closure'
- Unrest victim's kin stranded at Bahrain airport
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet