Lighting fixtures market to top $93 billion
Dubai, May 24, 2008
Developments in the industrial, commercial, residential and public lighting segments have boosted the global demand for lighting fixtures that is now set to exceed Dh345 billion ($93.9 billion) by 2010, according to conservative industry estimates.
Epoc Messe Frankfurt GmbH, the organisers of Light Middle East, to take place at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre from May 25 to 27, 2008, predicts a growth spurred primarily by end-users in the construction and industrial development sectors.
“From basic lights to exquisite chandeliers, simple operating switches to complex sensor controlled lighting systems, Light Middle East provides the ideal business platform for companies involved in the development and manufacture of a range of lighting systems enabling exhibitors to meet buyers from the Middle East, Asia, North Africa region and other parts of the world,” said CEO of Epoc Messe Frankfurt Eckhard Pruy.
Pruy noted that lamps, lighting fixtures and components are the primary categories in the electric lighting business.
“Major gains are expected in the categories of luminous and other non-luminescent portable light fittings, such as those in LED lights,” he added.
Light Middle East is a much needed platform for property developers, major clients and municipalities from around the region to source lighting solutions in what is clearly one of the most vibrant property development markets in the world. Light Middle East is also the best place to source both architectural design solutions and engineering consultancy.
“The lighting business in the Middle East region is driven by superior quality and innovative products,” said senior show manager of Light Middle East Jessica Minton.
In addition, long lasting energy saving products, high intensity discharge (HID) lighting, and portable fixtures using light emitting diodes (LED) are also expected to generate good volumes in the region.
Parallel to the Light Middle East exhibition, the “2008 Light Focus Conference” will take place, which is supported by the Professional Lighting Designers Association (PLDA).
This conference will serve as a creative platform to connect a diverse set of lighting designers and architects to explore future trends in design. The conference will feature a full program of globally renowned speakers.
Key industry decision makers involved in the design and construction of the region's major projects and initiatives come together at Light Middle East to meet major international manufacturers and solution providers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain