Paint market sees boom
Dubai, May 29, 2008
The paint market, which is currently worth Dh750 million across the Middle East, is witnessing a boom.
House prices have gone up 10 –15 per cent across the region.
They are decorating their apartments and villas, using the highest quality paints, to keep up with the style of the new properties appearing around them all the time, according to a statement.
“We are seeing many more people enjoy the pride that comes from Do-It-Yourself (DIY). People realise that painting is a cheap and effective way of bringing a home back to life,” said Sunil Gudur, at Al Gurg Leigh’s Paints (AGLP).
The company, which supplies Dulux, Leigh’s, and Oasis brand paint, is expanding its range into 50 new retail outlets in the next 12 months across the UAE to cope with the increased demand.
“People are very proud of their homes, and they want the very best paints that are on the market. Many people coming to us are new to DIY so are reassured by big name brands like Dulux, with its excellent range of water based coatings, as well as the quality of advice on the latest colours,” said Gudur. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking
- GCC ‘stepping up security co-operation’