Dametkina wins design competition
Dubai, June 10, 2008
Queen of the catwalk and winner of the Student Design Competition at The Hotel Show is Natalia Dametkina from the Centre for Executive Education.
The competition was open to colleges and institutions featuring fashion design programmes, and the winning design was translated into reality and shown on the Corporate Catwalk launched for the first time at the event.
According to show director Maggie Moore, the quality of entrants was exceptionally high, but Natalia’s design stood out for its combination of chic and practicality.
“The hint of colour, wearability and overall fashion sense are features demanded by staff working in the hotel environment – and Natalie’s design met every requirement,” said Moore.
The design (shown right), formed part of the lively Corporate Catwalk, a popular addition to The Hotel Show where corporate clothing for the hospitality industry was displayed in a fashion show. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn