Dametkina wins design competition
Dubai, June 10, 2008
Queen of the catwalk and winner of the Student Design Competition at The Hotel Show is Natalia Dametkina from the Centre for Executive Education.
The competition was open to colleges and institutions featuring fashion design programmes, and the winning design was translated into reality and shown on the Corporate Catwalk launched for the first time at the event.
According to show director Maggie Moore, the quality of entrants was exceptionally high, but Natalia’s design stood out for its combination of chic and practicality.
“The hint of colour, wearability and overall fashion sense are features demanded by staff working in the hotel environment – and Natalie’s design met every requirement,” said Moore.
The design (shown right), formed part of the lively Corporate Catwalk, a popular addition to The Hotel Show where corporate clothing for the hospitality industry was displayed in a fashion show. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting