Adnec promotes Idex at top EU defence expo
Abu Dhabi, June 16, 2008
Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (Adnec) has launched a massive campaign to promote the International Defence Exhibition & Conference (Idex 2009) at Eurosatory 2008, one of Europe’s top defence shows which began today (June 16) in Paris.
The Idex stand at Eurosatory, which runs upto June 20, will feature architectural renderings of the completed exhibition centre in Abu Dhabi at which Idex 2009 will be staged from February 22 to 26, 2009.
The Idex team from Adnec will be at the stand to share information on Idex with exhibitors, media and top military officials who are expected to be among the visitor audience at Eurosatory.
Idex is one the world’s largest defence exhibitions and the 9th edition of the show will be organised by Adnec in association with the UAE Armed Forces GHQ in Ma’arid. It will be held under the patronage of Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE president.
Ahmad Humaid Al Mazrouie, Adnec managing director, said: “As the organiser of the upcoming ninth edition of Idex, Adnec is fully committed to ensuring we deliver a world-class show in keeping with the credibility Idex has acquired since its launch in 1993.'
'We look forward to our participation at Eurosatory. I am sure visitors to our stand will show substantial interest in our preparations for Idex as well as the progress of the second phase of our exhibition centre which will be delivered later this year,” he added.
Mohamed Al Mashgouni, Idex 2009 director said: “Our global promotional campaign has been very successful with ninety-five per cent of exhibit space at Idex already booked by international, regional and local companies operating in the defence and related sectors.
Among the top international defence firms who have confirmed participation at Idex 2009 are Thales, Sagem, Boeing, BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Kamas Incorporated and Denel.
Several exhibitors from the Middle East region including King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau (KADDB) from Jordan and Advanced Electronics Company from Saudi Arabia are also taking part.
Top UAE exhibitors include Mubadala, Caracal, Offset Group, Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB), International Golden Group (IGG), Al Masaood, Bin Jabr and AIS.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack