Alba wins top safety award
Manama, June 18, 2008
Alba earned high praise from an internationally-recognised safety authority that singled the smelter out for one of its most prestigious awards.
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) which once again awarded Alba the prestigious RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Gold Awards this year, hailed the smelter's long standing commitment to safety and urged other business and organisations to follow the Alba example.
"Alba has shown a commitment to protecting the health and well-being of its employees and others," said RoSPA awards manager David Rawlins.
"We hope other businesses and organisations will follow its lead and strive for continuous improvement in health and safety management," he said.
Alba chief executive Ahmed Saleh Al Noaimi received the award from RoSPA board member Phil Hughes at a ceremony in London.
"It is good to see our safety efforts being recognised by one of the world's most authoritative safety organisations," said Al Noaimi.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
- Bahrain police recover 800 firebombs
- Raytheon to ink $2.1bn Oman arms deal
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc