'Cupcake weekend' opens to massive crowd
Dubai, June 21, 2008
Cupcake Weekend, a three-day event being held at Mercato, opened to huge crowds on Friday with workshops, competitions, and displays all based on cupcakes.
'The Cupcake Weekend', which concludes on Sunday, is being held as part of the numerous events during Dubai Summer Surprises 2008.
It features a whole evening of a variety of cup cakes including workshops, a Mercato statement said.
The event will be displayed in three sections - a competition area, a workshop area, and a free sampling counter.
Arranged by Del Mar Cakes, the Cupcake Weekend will include cake icing competitions for children and parents, workshops on how to make cupcakes, and free cupcake samplings from a delicious range.
The Cupcake decoration activity will be held at the main stage of Mercato in two shows: from 6pm to 6:30pm, and from 8pm to 8:30pm on all three days.
The cupcake decoration competition will be held at the first floor of Mercato opposite the Food Court from 7pm to 7:30pm and from 9pm to 9:30pm, the staement added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced