Dubai First hosts safety workshop
Dubai, June 28, 2008
Dubai First, the consumer finance company from Dubai Group, a member of Dubai Holding, organised the ‘Little Steps for Safety’ workshop during the Knowledge & Human Development Authority Summer Camp at Al Ibdaa School for Girls in Dubai.
This is the first in a series of workshops organised by Dubai First.
‘Little Steps for Safety’ was launched by Dubai First on April 18 as part of its corporate responsibility programme to raise awareness on road safety for children. Implemented in cooperation with the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA), Dubai Police, and the Emirates Driving Institute (EDI), Dubai First is the first private company invited by KHDA to organise such an initiative across schools.
The workshop at Al Ibdaa School for Girls drew 300 students, and included edutainment activities on zebra crossing and safety drills, road safety games and quizzes, as well as workshops. Students were awarded certificates of participation on the completion of the one-day workshop.
Dubai First has packaged the ‘Little Steps’ programme in a child-friendly format by creating seven characters, each representing a different traffic element. The characters include Sammy Seatbelt, Larry Look, Lucy Listen, Rhonda Red, Zebrina, Handy Hold, and Green Go. The characters are featured in a new Arabic book developed specially for educating children on the traffic rules.
“Our children are our most precious assets. With campaigns such as the ‘Little Steps for Safety’, we are able fulfil our commitment to society and to our future generations. The workshops being organised during the KHDA summer camps are another step in our aim to educate our children - the adults of tomorrow, make our schoolchildren safer,” said CEO, Dubai First, Ibrahim Al Ansari.
Following the success of its first workshop, Dubai First aims to organise similar initiatives at KHDA’s summer camps. The next event will be held at Al Safa School for Boys on July 9, 2008.
The first full-fledged child road safety campaign to be launched in the UAE by a financial services company, ‘Little Steps for Safety’ will soon be extended to other schools in the neighbouring emirates. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station