MasterCard and Grand Cinemas launch promotion
Dubai, June 30, 2008
MasterCard Worldwide and Grand Cinemas have launched a joint promotion in the UAE.
Using their MasterCard to purchase cinema tickets, cardholders will be automatically entered into a prize draw this summer. Prizes for the MasterCard Grand Cinemas Promotion include a trip to Hollywood. Cardholders who purchase their tickets using the new online feature can double their chances to win.
Cardholders who use their MasterCard credit or debit card to pay for their cinema tickets at any Grand Cinemas across the UAE will automatically enter a draw to win a trip to see a blockbuster movie premiere or yearly cinema passes.
In addition, all cardholders who purchased their cinema ticket with their MasterCard, either at the point of sale terminal or online, also qualify to enter the grand prize draw – a trip to Hollywood.
Visitors to any of the 16 Grand Cinemas Multiplexes in the UAE can enjoy the speed and convenience of booking their cinema tickets online through the Grand Cinemas E-Ticket service at www.grandcinemas.com and pay using their MasterCard.
The certainty of booking tickets online means that customers can skip queues at the ticket booth and head straight for an E-Kiosk to collect their tickets.
Grand Cinemas operations director Jean Ramia, commented: “The new promotion will enable cardholders planning a visit to a Grand Cinemas location the option of purchasing their tickets online via the E-ticket system. In keeping with our vision of maximising our level of performance by prioritising convenience for cinema-goers, we have also introduced the Kiosk system which makes purchasing as easy as touching a screen and swiping the MasterCard card. In short, Grand Cinemas is leading the way through PDA integration and the new upcoming "Book my Seat" mobile reservation system.”
MasterCard Worldwide vice-president of commerce development for Middle East & Levant Ihab Zaghloul said: “MasterCard is pleased to announce this alliance with Grand Cinemas. Entertainment and especially movie theatres provide a great source of entertainment for consumers across the region. In co-operation with Grand Cinemas, we developed a promotion that offers MasterCard holders convenience when purchasing the tickets, but more importantly, a great cinema experience overall.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha